Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Unanswered: Brilliant Database Official Letter

Hello,

First of all sorry for the recent troubles with Brilliant Database v10 release delay, support problems and optimization issues.

Second - sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language.

Now, good news are coming .

1. We continue develop Brilliant Database as an easy-to-use, all-in-one good Database Software. Yes, there were troubles in 2009-2012 but we have overcame them and I hope this year we will be able to make Brilliant little better.

2. We are investigating the optimization critical bug and we hope it will be totally fixed within 3 days. Today we post an update (10.03) which removes all critical issues from the optimization process. Compare to v9 engine (which is 13 years old), v10 engine was fully rewrited;

3. Our support system is finally back after server move and anti-spam problems. In case you have not received a reply, please use a form on binarybrilliant.com:

Binary Brilliant Inc - Original Database Solutions

4. Yes, we are working on the web-version of Brilliant Database. We plan to release the first version in May-June. The first version will not be directly integrated with Brilliant, but by the end of this year it will allow to udpdate data within it;

5. As old customers know we are not a big "business-company" and has no advanced sales or marketing - we are more independent developers who like to develop good products (with more than 10000 customers ), so it was really nice to know that many of our customer are supporting Brilliant Database here. Thank you!

6. Old good v9 can be still downloaded from:

http://www.brilliantdatabase.com/dow...antdb_wp_9.exe
    http://www.brilliantdatabase.com/dow...ntdb_pro_9.exe
    http://www.brilliantdatabase.com/dow...b_server_9.exe
    http://www.brilliantdatabase.com/dow...ultimate_9.exe

Thank you again for your Brillinat Database support and kind words about it.

We will do our best to not disappoint you more.

Mikahil Lishin.
    Last edited by BrilliantDatabase; 04-23-13 at 14:17. Reason: Forget about signature and some info

now THAT is the person you want to see on this forum!

Provided Answers: 2
    Mikahil,
    Thank you! Your presence here is very much appreciated. This site (dBforums) has been extremely instrumental in my learning/understanding of your product. With each time I use Brilliant Database, I become more impressed by the functionality that you included in this program - it can do some things that are quite amazing. I have an extensive background with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and I am finding Brilliant Database to be much, much more capable in regards to analysis of data. I hope to be purchasing the Ultimate version in the near future.
    Daryl G

Welcome Mikhail!
    If you answer the queries from this forum too it will be helpful for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by asokram View Post
    Welcome Mikhail!
    If you answer the queries from this forum too it will be helpful for all of us.
    Yes, I do a bit later.

Provided Answers: 54
    First of all, welcome Mikhail! Let me know what I can do to help you with using DBForums.

I'll probably perplex people, but right now I'd suggest that you use DBForums for status announcements and other information that you want to get to all of the Brilliant Database users quickly. I'd suggest that for now you focus most of your effort on finding and fixing the problems that your users report. That should make life easier for both you and your users.

I'd love to have you here as a regular contributor, but for right now I think your talents as the principle developer are more important than spending a lot of time on DBForums. You seem to be using the forum to make brief announcements that are of general interest, and I think that's the best possible practice today.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

I total agree with Pat Phelan,

we would like to continue talking wonders about Brilliant Database. Most of the users on this forum have been waiting for V10 to become greater and stronger than V9.42.
    So will be nice to get what we are paying for, so please focus on major bugs and enhancements.

In the mid time, we will continue surviving with the amazing help from this community.

Provided Answers: 17
    Hi Mikhail
    I'm really delighted to see you here and I hope the recent changes you announced regarding support are maintained as it's really the only major concern in my opinion.

I've been speaking with Tom the last two days and it's so great to have someone actually reply and support me. So much so I've just purchased my upgrade to v10 SDK. I've been a customer for years, and I hope to remain a customer for a very long time to come.

Keep up the good work guys. Support is key. Your software is already absolutely fantastic, and if there's good support, then there's no reason on earth why you guys shouldn't have huge success and grow into a very large successful company.

I also have to agree 100% with what Pat is saying.

It's important in my opinion that you focus on support, fixes, development and communication. For the general stuff on helping people with their scripts and database designs, people should be posting them on the discussion forums here for “us” to help each other and not contacting support unless there's no other option.

Kind regards
    James Tubbritt.

This letter from Mikhail make me confident that BD will stay for a while so

So to continuing supporting Brilliant Database, I HAVE PURCHASE MY DB V10.

Hopefully this incentives push BD team to keep working hard.

Any update Mikahil on what's happing?

I get no email replies again. (just sent another)

v10.06 fails 100% of the time converting v9.42 files.

v10.06 fails 100% when you run the Database Maintenance / Advance Check on it's own newly created files.

The image field bug I recorded a video of **5 months ago** (viewing sheet music) still exists even though I would be promised months ago it would have been fixed.

Regards
    James

Hi Tubbritt
    Appears something wrong at Brilliant Database site again ?? I Just did a reinstall
    of V10.06 after cleaning up computer and to save typing that huge serial number in to the rego' box, I requested a automated license email from site (always worked before in seconds) but 24hrs latter no email after 3 attempts - checked address by sending self email which is ok. Had to use saved printout and type in manually.

Regarding your problems with converting (9.4?) to 10.06 can you elaborate on what fails (total or partial) - quick check on my system it "appears" ok but not exhaustive check.
    Regards
    David

Well, the story repeats......

We are lonely again and the only support that we can help is throughout this forum..

Thanks for exist dbforums

Provided Answers: 59
    The last time Mikahil appeared on this forum was the 24th of April. Understandably enough he doesn't have much time to appear on forums. As users of Brilliant DB you need to bear in mind that BD is a very small entity, not only does it not have many employees, it also doesn't have the multi million turnover to support full time dedicated support staff.

As users of BD you have the opportunity to develop your own support forum within dBForums, or elsewhere for that matter. but you have to bear in mind that support from BD itself is patchy at best. If the product is as good as some of you believe, and some of you attest to then its probably worth soldiering on. but if you need support then it may be that BD isn't the product for you.

It does mean that you as users of BD have to muck in and help others and build a community who can assist other BD users/developers. you cannot always rely on the same one or two people to act as the fountain of all knowledge.

one thing that may be of use is building up a code bank type thread. there is one in the Access forum which may be of interest.

In the mean time I concur with Pat P's judgement that a better use of Mikahil's time is fixing the faults, rather than spending time on forums.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Regarding your problems with converting (9.4?) to 10.06 can you elaborate on what fails (total or partial)
    Wait until you see this....
    This is the most stupid bug ever. I found out today from messing around with this for hours that having a space in the file name is the root cause.

Here's a little video I recorded proving this.
    http://irishacts.com/name.htm

Regards
    James

Hi healdem.

but if you need support then it may be that BD isn't the product for you
    The support needed is not how to use the program, for that we have this fantastic forum and each other. Great bunch of guys you all are too. Big hug everyone.

Regardless of how small of a company Brilliant Database are, the least they can do is communicate with me on the issues raised that relate to the program not functioning correctly.

I think that's a very fair expectation.

Regards
    James.