Unanswered: DB2 Client CA connection issue

I'm trying to connect to remote db server, which resides on RHEL 6.3 machine.
    I have installed client on Windows Server 2008 R2. While running Configuration Assistant(VERY FIRST TIME) i'm not able to connect to the remote db2 server.
    Below error I'm getting:
    SQL30081N  A communication error has been detected.  Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP".  Communication API being used: "SOCKETS".  Location where the error was detected: "".  Communication function detecting the error: "connect".  Protocol specific error code(s): "10061", "*", "*".  SQLSTATE=08001
    I can paste the screen shots of CA if required.
    Telnet to db2 server port 50000 is not going through. But I'm able to ping to the server. I tried with disabling the firewall at DB2 server linux machine. But couldn't through.

I tried to Select a database from Network method. But again the same error. Any idea?

Last edited by sukhdip; 04-24-13 at 07:44.

Provided Answers: 11
    has the target instance been enabled for listening on tcpip port
    db2stop/start is required after definition
    check info center on how to configure remote connections (db2comm,svcename.....)
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified

Set db2comm and restart db2