Unanswered: Problem with V9.42 server and workplace clients browsing large folders

Today we discovered a serious problem with our server installation.

When workplace clients logged into the server tries to display the largest
    folder (> 700 records, all of them with about 50 fields, + a checkbox for almost all fields), it just freezes with some garbelled gui gfx. The other folders are ok, it is possible to view and edit as usual.

When selecting the same folder directly at the server, I can select the
    folder with no problems at all, and running a workplace client at the same machine pointing at localhost, it works ok as well.

We have tried 2 workplace clients on the same LAN network (gigabit),
    but the program freezes on both machines, so we have to kill the processes to exit.

Have anyone experienced anything like this, and are there a quick fix?
    Seeing that the program author surfaced on this forum, I might try to contact
    the official support.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any replies.

Provided Answers: 17
    Hi yulquen.
    I'm afraid I've never seen anything like that on any of my databases, even ones that would have many times more fields and records than your using.

That being said, I have the SDK edition so I don't use Workplace Clients. The exe the SDK edition compiles gets installed on all the machines freely.

I can compile your database to an exe if you wanted to try that, but ultimately, I think to fix what you paid for only Brilliant Database themselves will probably be able to help.

Provided Answers: 2
    You may restart both computers and also the monitor services on server. That may help.