Unanswered: Multiple Records from a Single Record

Hello Everyone,

I am hoping someone can assist me with something. I am trying to design a DB in 2007 that will alow my user to Enter a single entry but will show up as multiple entries.

Jist is. I work in a hospital and I create our Charges. When a user requests a new charge for our X-Ray departments, I want them to only have to enter it one time as a requst but when I run reports and queries etc, it will duplicate in the other X-Ray departments as well.

They requet a Single View Chest Xray in department 1 but I want it to duplicate into departments 2 - 9 as well.

I am not sure how to make this happen because normally we don't want duplicate records in a DB.

I have several other scenarios that I would want this to happen in as well.

Any ideas on how I can make this work so my users don't have to request the same thing multiple times?

Provided Answers: 14
    Without knowing how the database(s) is/are organized, It's almost impossible to answer. Do you want to create several records from an original one? If yes, must all these records (how many?) be created in the same table or in different tables? In the same database or in different databases?
    Have a nice day!

I think i figured out how to do this. I should have played a bit more before I posted the question. But to answer your questions Sinndho.

Yes, several records from an Original Record. They would be created only in a Query not in any tables and in the Same Data Base.

What I did was added a column to My Department Table which has the same value on those Departments I want to duplicate the Request on. Instead of the User entering the Department Number they enter this value in the Request. When I do my Query and include the Department Number in it, the records duplicate for each Department Number.

So in the Original Record they enter say CR. This CR coorolates to the department numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 (not real) and when the query runs I get a record for each of the 9 Department Numbers.