Unanswered: SQL dates difference on Two fields Help Request

I have the following Excel formulae/Function which calculates the dates difference

=DAY (E2)-DAY (F2)
    E2: Represent column with Date_1 on Microsoft Access
    F2: Represent Column with Date_2 on Microsoft Access

This formula calculates the dates ok but I need to transfer it to Microsoft Access Query designer(SQL). Basically E2&F2 are two fields on Access and I need to calculate the dates difference and if possible to show the day difference as pary of the query :
    I have done below formula which calculates dates difference but is not giving the right answers
    Expr1: Max(DateDiff("d",Now(),[date1]))
    Any help will be highly appreciated.
    Last edited by john100; 04-29-13 at 12:19.

Provided Answers: 2
    I have done below formula which calculates dates difference but is not giving the right answers
    Please provide samples of your data, what you expect the formula to return and what it actually returned. This will help work out where the problem lies.
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.

Provided Answers: 59
    use the date time functions
    Code:
    SELECT Datediff("d",MyFirstDateColumn,MySecondDateColumn) AS NoDays from MyTable
    you'd need to replace the names of the columns (MyFirstDateColumn,MySecondDateColumn) and tablename (MyTable) with the actual names you use
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thanks so much , I will try this tomorrow. Once again much appreciated for quick reply.

Hi Weejas
    Thanks so much for your reply , just got a another answer and I think will work , if I have more problems I will load example to view. Once again thanks so much for your response much appreciated.