Red face Unanswered: connection problems with java server and db2

Hi all I have a problem . I am trying to connect to db2 using a java server within the host and database its' in the vitual machine . It was working fine until yesterday , however now I got this error message :

SQL Exception: [jcc][t4][2043][11550][4.7.85] Exception java.net.ConnectExceptio
    n: Error opening socket to server localhost/127.0.0.1 on port 50.000 with messag
    e: Connection refused: connect. ERRORCODE=-4499, SQLSTATE=08001

I did verify if TCPIP is properly enabled in db2 using db2set -all ...and then redoing again the steps :

db2set DB2COMM=TCPIP
    db2 update dbm cfg using SVCENAME 50000
    db2stop
    db2start

I am using db2 v10 ubuntu 12 on virtualbox , host windows 7 ..aplication server java is on host

but nothing . Still having this error popping up . If anyone could help or give me some suggestion of what I am doing wrong

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by joanna_rippel View Post
    It was working fine until yesterday , however now I got this error message
    So, what changed yesterday? (Please don't say nothing changed, because that's obviously not the case.)

Check if you (or someone else) modified firewall rules.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

well I was making some experiments so I changed some settings making a connecton between server on a computer and db2 into another computer . However I decided it's more easy to work with both of them in the same computer , but when I changed back the settings ..suddenly I hv this error . ...I was thinking I changed something by mistake ..I checked everything ...its' like it was before ..I can not figure out what I could hv done .