Red face Unanswered: connection problems with java server and db2

Hi all I have a problem . I am trying to connect to db2 using a java server within the host and database its' in the vitual machine . It was working fine until yesterday , however now I got this error message :

SQL Exception: [jcc][t4][2043][11550][4.7.85] Exception
    n: Error opening socket to server localhost/ on port 50.000 with messag
    e: Connection refused: connect. ERRORCODE=-4499, SQLSTATE=08001

I did verify if TCPIP is properly enabled in db2 using db2set -all ...and then redoing again the steps :

db2set DB2COMM=TCPIP
    db2 update dbm cfg using SVCENAME 50000

I am using db2 v10 ubuntu 12 on virtualbox , host windows 7 ..aplication server java is on host

but nothing . Still having this error popping up . If anyone could help or give me some suggestion of what I am doing wrong

Toronto, Canada
    Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by joanna_rippel View Post
    It was working fine until yesterday , however now I got this error message
    So, what changed yesterday? (Please don't say nothing changed, because that's obviously not the case.)

Check if you (or someone else) modified firewall rules.
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

well I was making some experiments so I changed some settings making a connecton between server on a computer and db2 into another computer . However I decided it's more easy to work with both of them in the same computer , but when I changed back the settings ..suddenly I hv this error . ...I was thinking I changed something by mistake ..I checked everything ...its' like it was before ..I can not figure out what I could hv done .