Red face Unanswered: BDB ultimate compilation V10.05 bug

Brilliant database V10.05:
    I created an workplace application through licensed Brilliant database. The created application is not working when it was installed in another computer having Windows XP operating system. Even I tried to create a full featured application but the same result. However it is working on the same computer(XP) where Brilliant database Ultimate has been installed.

Provided Answers: 17
    A total shot in the dark, but have you checked to see if the XP machine it's not running on has the latest service packs and doesn't have a backlog of Windows Updates not installed yet.

Regards
    James

Yes James.All my XP units,are running on latest updates.In the same computers applications created from BDB ultimate 9.42 is running allright without any issue.
    The application created from BDB 10.05 is installing properly on these machines but not opening on try to open. It is clearly bdb_wp_engine issue.I have tested this issue on four of my XP office computers but all same issue. Even I created totally a new simple database and created another application again the same issue.
    Additionally I have tried installing BDB ultimate in a different computer and created application which is also behaving same.
    Hope they will solve this issue in the next release!

Sorry to hear your still having problems.

Yeah, sounds like one for brilliant database support to fix. Not that they are replying to emails again. I haven't used v10 for any development yet myself. I don't trust it with the database integrity check displaying an error for every single database.

Regards
    James.

Provided Answers: 2
    James,
    I am curious about the purpose of running the database check (is this under 'Database Maintenance', 'Advanced', and 'Check'?). Is this a function that cleans up ones data and should be run periodically, like the 'Optimization' feature? The warning notice that precedes checking 'Check' was enough to encourage me not to continue down that path. I see that this issue has been brought up earlier (http://www.dbforums.com/brilliant-da...eck-error.html) and I would really like to know what this 'Check' actually does and the proper usage of this feature (I am still using the V9.42)
    Daryl G

Is this a function that cleans up ones data and should be run periodically, like the 'Optimization' feature?
    No, it has a few uses, but this is something for you the developer, not the end user.

You would normally run when your doing maintenance on the database to ensure there's no corruption. If there is, this can also flush and fix the problems at the same time without you knowing. For example, Brilliant Database themselves also give this check unpublished functions. If they find a bug in brilliant database, and as a result of those bugs, your database might not be function as expected, running the Check allows for your database to be patched, fixing the bugs caused by the lower version of Brilliant Database you used.

So the fact that this check gives an error 100% of the time right now is enough for me not to use v10 for development until it's fixed.

Regards
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbritt View Post
    A total shot in the dark, but have you checked to see if the XP machine it's not running on has the latest service packs and doesn't have a backlog of Windows Updates not installed yet.

Regards
    James
    Upon further experimenting I found that the created application is working if it is from V10.03. Only the prblem is in v10.05. Further v10.05 created application will also work if you have already installed any previous application created from V10.03. I am expecting this bug to be fixed as soon as possible.