Unanswered: Spreadsheet totals

I am creating a sports spreadsheet from another sheet that has #'s already in cells. I want a 0 value in my "new" sheet. How can I do this w/o putting in a formula like this in EVERY CELL =A2-88 (88 being the # already in cell). I have 123 rows and 4 columns to do this in and seems tedious to do one cell at a time. Please help me. Thank you!!!

Provided Answers: 2
    Not entirely sure what you have and what you need. You can just select the entire range and hit Delete to clear the contents.

If this is not what you want, you need to explain your requirements more clearly.
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.

Metallinut,

I'm not entirely sure what you mean but you probably want to experiment with the dollar sign in your formulas. If you put a dollar sign in front of any part of a cell reference it locks it down. That makes it easier to drag the formula down or across. So if you selected =sum(A2:B100) and wanted to drag it over one to the right it would change to = sum(B2:C100). However if you put a dollar sign in front of the letter portion, it will lock that down. So you would put =sum($A2:$B100) then when you drag it over to the right one cell, it will still show the same range. You can do this for all references if you like like $A$2:$B$100, it just depends on what part of a formula you want locked down and what part you want to change as you drag down or across

scrtchmstj