Thread: ODBC error

Unanswered: ODBC error

Hi All,

i am from UDB DBA and getting the below error when users are loading the data. Anybody could you please suggest on the below issue. db2diag.log also didnt throw any error message.

17:01:29 [00251] ERROR atesystems.hub.logging.NativeLog: ODBC [25000] [InitiateSystems][ODBC DB2 Wire Protocol driver]Invalid transaction state. (DBError=0)

Please suggest me how to fix the issue.
    Last edited by subbarao; 05-04-13 at 08:49.

Provided Answers: 11
    which command from within which tool was initiated ?
    have you tried native load from command line : remote or local ?
    can you connect from within this tool and query ?
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Hi Thanks for Reply. I am new for UDB DBA and developers are used the sql scripts for loading the data from remote machine. I have logged into the server through the PUTTY tool and able to connect the database without any issues.
    can you please suggest me how to start the investigation on thisissue and how to fix.

check if remote connection is possible from client or tool
    check if server-listener has been started
    db2 get dbm cfg |grep SVCENAME
    db2set -all --> db2comm=tcpip should be set
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..

I have verified the below two and both are looking good.

db2set -all --> db2comm=tcpip

What is server-listener ?, i dont know how to check this. Could you please tell me how to do it.

these two settings
    db2set -all --> db2comm=tcpip
    will start a listener for db2 on tcpip port
    all details are available in infocenter (no need to copy/paste this over here)
    have a look at Configuring TCP/IP communications for a DB2 instance

Thanks for the support and that issue is caused due to the db2 product.IBM team is taking care.