Unanswered: Creating a form that starts up as a "homepage" when i open access

I want to create a form that starts up as a main page when i open access

my questions

1) how do i get my form to automatically open like that?

2) When I create a form in design view, it only shows as being 6 inches wide. When I open the form in form view, it streches to fit the whole screen. I do not want that. I want it to be small and in the middle of the database. screen. How do i make it be liek that? I checked off all the auto resize properties but no help there.

Provided Answers: 59
    autoexec macro can do 'stuff' and can be set up to work when the db is first opened
    as to what that 'stuff' is is up to you
    it could run some queries, load a splash screen and then loads your menu / switchboard

autoexec can be used in another db to run any batch processes (meaning you can do 'stuff' overnight if you put the program and db into a batch file called by the windows system scheduler (forget what its called these days). you cna only have one autoexec macro in a db, but if you have split your db into a back end (containing the data) and a front end containing the user interface you can stuff another autoexec macro into the back end OR better stuff it into another 'front' end
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Quote Originally Posted by healdem View Post
    autoexec macro can do 'stuff' and can be set up to work when the db is first opened
    as to what that 'stuff' is is up to you
    it could run some queries, load a splash screen and then loads your menu / switchboard

autoexec can be used in another db to run any batch processes (meaning you can do 'stuff' overnight if you put the program and db into a batch file called by the windows system scheduler (forget what its called these days). you cna only have one autoexec macro in a db, but if you have split your db into a back end (containing the data) and a front end containing the user interface you can stuff another autoexec macro into the back end OR better stuff it into another 'front' end
    I looked at my office Access Database list of macros and not one has anything related to the form that autostarts when the database

Also, my issue is the forms are opening as a tab. I want them to open as a window. How do i do that?

Provided Answers: 14
    1a) You can create a macro named AutoExec and open the form from it. That macro will be executed every time the database is open, except if the F11 key is held down when opening it and if you did not disable the F11 key.

1b) You can also create a startup form. It can be any form that you specify as startup as a property of your database (StartUpForm). Depending on the version of Access you use, this feature can be found in different places. In Acc2003 it's in the Tools menu, Startup. In Acc2010 it's somewhere in the database options of the File page.

2) In Acc2007 or Acc2010, forms are dockable by default, unless you change this feature. It's also somewhere in the active database options of the File page.
    Have a nice day!

Provided Answers: 19
    You can do both from Options:

• Click on the Office Button (top left)
    • Click on Access Options (bottom right of dialog box)
    • Click on Current Database(left)
    • Set Display Form option to the desired Form to be opened when Database opens
    • Now, set Document Window Options to Overlapping Windows
    • Click Okay
    • Close then Re-open Database

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007