Thread: tempspace full

Unanswered: tempspace full

Hey there experts,

I need some help with tempspace full condition upon trying to insert 33 million records in one of our tables. I see this message in the diag.log after the insert terminates

MESSAGE : ADM6017E The table space "TEMP32K" (ID "5") is full.
    Detected on container "$Home/tmp02/temp32k/temp32k.c1" (ID "1"). The underlying file system is full or the maximum allowed space usage for the file system has been reached. It is also possible that there are user limits in place with respect to maximum file size and these limits have been reached.

It was set to 5 gigs to begin with . I have already increased the tempspace filesystem to 30 gigs and it still uses up all the space after being able to insert 28 million records.

Please advice

Regards
    Smriti

Provided Answers: 1
    Are you really using a single insert statement to insert 33 million records? You might begin with looking at the statement explain plan to identify and possibly eliminate whatever uses the temporary table there.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

it is the informatica tool that is doing this for a data masking project

Provided Answers: 1
    Still, you need to look at the statements that are being run by Informatica and see if you can tune them to minimize the temporary space requirements.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

got it ...will work on it now..thanks