Unanswered: slow speed in sql

HI ,
    I am using SQL Server 2005 for managing my database from remote to the server, when I connect to database from internet then it take more time to access database. How can i solve this problem.

HI ,
    I am using SQL Server 2005 for managing my database from remote to the server, when I connect to database from internet then it take more time to access database. How can i solve this problem.

Provided Answers: 6
    Are you saying that you have a remote sql server not on your immediate local area network and it is slower to connect to than when you are on the local area network? What is slow connecting? Your local SQL Server Management Studio connecting to a database? Is that database server located remotely over a vpn connection? That is to be expected. Do you have a computer on the network you are connecting to that you can remote desktop into and work from?

Or did you mean something else entirely?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

slow speed in sql

hi
    My database(sql server 2005) is in server system and i connect him from my other office from internet (wan) then connection is ok but data comes from database is very slow and also saving time it take more time, so plz tell me how can i get faster speed.

Provided Answers: 54
    If the data is fast on the LAN but slow on the WAN, then the problem is in your telecommuncations stack somewhere. The simple answer would be to create a web application and host database/app/web together. Then the access will be as fast as possible from wherever you are.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

running vb6 application from server through web application

hi
    thanks for suggetion but plz tell me how to run executable file from another office to the server through web application. I have an web application by which i want to connect my local pc to server pc through internet(wan) and I want to execute my vb6 application from server, which i am unable to do.

Provided Answers: 54
    If you have the source code (which I assume that you do), convert the application to .NET and make it into an IIS application. This is the cheapest and easiest way to do this.

You can also use Citrix or one of it's work-alikes.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.