Unanswered: downloading examples from this forum.

everytime i try to download any the example files you guys post, they are corrupted. any idea what would cause this?

Hi,

Are you using a version of BD equal to or greater than that used to create the examples?

Matty

i don't get that far. the zip files will not unzip. only the examples from this forum are an issue. everywhere else i download from without issue....

Provided Answers: 2
    I generally have quick look at most posts and their attachments to get a better idea of what is being discussed but don't have any problem with opening the zip files as a rule. Can only suggest you try a different archive program. There are a number of free programs and trial downloads to test - I mainly use "IZarc" and "Jzip".
    Regards
    David

I had similar issue with explorer. The problem solved if we use other browser like google chrome.

using Google Chrome, I was able to download the example files without issue. i guess its an IE problem.

Just as a experiment tried downloading a couple of attachments using IE8 (I am a Firefox user) and these opened in BD with out problems using IZarc ?? Might be a combination of things but if working fine with Chrome then all ok.
    Regards
    David

I have the same problem but it is 'hit-or-miss'... sometimes it works perfectly whereas other times it simply refuses to cooperate. I am using Firefox all the time.
    Daryl G

Provided Answers: 59
    Its a fairly common problem with windows reporting a corrupt zip file.
    If it persists consider re installing your unzip software or use another such as 7zip
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton