Unanswered: Database Researcher

Hello guys.. I have got an interview for a position as Database Researcher. Can you help me with some possible questions i will encounter and the skills needed. Thanks

Provided Answers: 54
    What sort of skills do you have now, and what do you know about the position and its requirements?

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Provided Answers: 6
    why is a manhole cover round?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

I have sql skills, sql server and oracle sql skills.

Requirements
    Acquisition of information resources to support the Centre objectives
    Content and update of electronic databases and websites of the IRC

Required skills and experience

Should have experience in information database research, acquisition, analysis, storage, retrieval and dissemination including oil and gas information
    Computer literate especially in Microsoft office application software and other relevant information database packages

Provided Answers: 54
    I'd think that if you have SQL skills you ought to be fine based on that job requirement.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasymachus View Post
    why is a manhole cover round?

Because the hole is round .. only joking. So the lid doesn't fall in the hole.

Thanks Boss. I appreciate it much.