Tabular data in addition to normal images, description, etc

Hello,

I have to create a very detailed product page which has a title, a description, a number of photos and a table with a few columns and rows. I want to dynamically include this information.

How would I design this? I can't include the table as a single column, can I?

Thanks,

Bennosuke

I think that you're asking about web page design. If you are, those rules are pretty different from the rules for database engines, and the web page rules depend on the tool/language/etc that you use to build the web page.

If you really are asking about the database, some database engines will allow you to store a table as a database column and some products will allow you to store a table as BLOB which allows most database engines to store it.

If you can be more specific about what you want to know and what tools you are using I can probably give you a better answer than "it depends", but that's the best I can do with what you've given me so far!

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

I apologise for being so vague. I am using PHP and MySQL to include them on the page. I have a list of links that will dynamically show the products, and when clicked on all the information from the MySQL database, such as a title, a description, some photos and a table will be displayed. I hope this brings clarity.

It is the first time I have done this so I am learning as it comes.

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately your answer brings no clarity. You're still talking about your presentation rather than your data requirements. Try to describe the table in relation to the product. What columns and rows will it have? What values in the cells? How does the table differ for different products?

they are separate elements
    store the data inside a db
    store links (URL's) to images not the actual images

the use PHP to create the content. your output form PHP can be as elaborate as you swish, it could be plain old HTML, it coudl use AJAX or other interactive elements, it should include CSS and HTML 5.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Okay, I have been working on this more and I have made a lot of progress. I have the images, text, etc but not the tables. I am using PHP and MySQL.

Agricultural fork FA for skid steer loaders | Uemme srl

If you look at these products each product page has different rows and columns for the table (some even have two sets of tables!). I want to do this also but I haven't figured out a way and I can't seem to find any information doing this as a blob or a single columns. I am otherwise completely stumped.

Please help!