Unanswered: Data from one column to another table

Here is my issue:
    I created a PDF that contains information from a few different tables using VB.Net(ie name, date,ect). Once the PDF is created I stored it in a new SQL table (Form_001) in the varbinary max colum. My issue now is to populate the other colums in Form_001 that conatins the data from the other tables. Is it possible to populate the colums even though the names are different with data from the other tables?
    Last edited by zulu79; 05-22-13 at 14:10.

Provided Answers: 54
    This is silly, since it just replaces the name with the existing name, and will break if there are more than one employee with a given name.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Thank you Pat

Provided Answers: 54
    I apparently didn't make myself clear enough. The result set of your SELECT statement ought to be the argument that you used to retrieve it, and if there are duplicate names in the Employee table then your UPDATE statement will fail because the SELECT returned multiple results.

Without seeing the DML and DDL we can only guess at the probability of your code working. Based on your description and the DML that you've removed, it ought to work but it is still silly.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.