Unanswered: CLI0600E Invalid connection handle or connection is closed.

Hi,

I am getting an exception when i try to do the testconnection after creating the datasource. I am using websphere commerce 6.x. Can you please help me to resolve this exception.

Test connection failed for data source WebSphere Commerce DB2 DataSource demo on server server1 at node localhost with the following exception: COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][JDBC Driver] CLI0600E Invalid connection handle or connection is closed. SQLSTATE=S1000. View JVM logs for further details.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    Padhu.

Here is the logs for the above exception:

[5/22/13 16:31:44:445 EDT] 00000046 SystemErr R COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][JDBC Driver] CLI0600E Invalid connection handle or connection is closed. SQLSTATE=S1000
    at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.check_r eturn_code(Unknown Source)
    at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Connection.connect(Unknown Source)
    at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Connection.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2ReusableConnection.<init>( Unknown Source)
    at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2PooledConnection.getConnection (Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.DSConfigurationHelper.testCon nectionForGUI(DSConfigurationHelper.java:2357)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled Code))
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled Code))
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled Code))
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java(Compil ed Code))
    at com.ibm.ws.management.DataSourceConfigHelperMBean. testConnectionToDataSource2(DataSourceConfigHelper MBean.java:529)
    at com.ibm.ws.management.DataSourceConfigHelperMBean. testConnection(DataSourceConfigHelperMBean.java:45 7)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java(Compiled Code))
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java(Compil ed Code))

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmepadhu View Post
    at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Connection.connect(Unknown Source)
    Are you still using the app driver? You shouldn't really; it's deprecated. Use the JCC driver instead.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Hello There,

Changing the driver from jdbc to jcc worked for me...

Thanks a lot.

Padhu.

Hi,

I am getting the

com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.SqlException: [jcc][10389][12245][3.52.95] Failure in loading native library db2jcct2, java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't find library db2jcct2 (db2jcct2.dll) in sun.boot.library.path or java.library.path

I have added the dll path to the classpath and path environment variables. It throws

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:db2jcct2 (The specified procedure could not be found. )

All the DB2 lib path is referenced to the classpath. Not sure on what is wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Padhu.

Provided Answers: 1
    Did you change the JDBC URL format for the JCC driver, or are you still using the old one for the APP driver?
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.