Unanswered: Search within record sets

Hi BDB users!
    One can search or run a query in BDB only if the records are stored in folders/folder variable. Is there any possibility we can search within recordset and display the value in the main window or left query window. Using filtering recordset I can bring the result but what I need is to display the result in the main or left query window not in the popup window. Any idea?
    In other way how to display the filtered recordset(not through query) through query window.

Provided Answers: 2
    Not sure I am fully understanding your request (when you mention folder variables, do you mean record sets?). If what you are trying to do is along the lines that I am experimenting with at moment - that is getting record set from related form, filter and then set a memo field in main form to this record set formatted with the recordset formatting tools, then I managed to setup a email with main form details and lines from related records using this technique.
    A sample file is with basic description is always handy if no other suggestions or progress achieved.
    Regards
    David

Hi David
    Would you be willing to share the script for that as it sounds useful and I'm not at all clear how you use recordsets to retrive from a related form.

Cheers

Matty

Sure.
    Just building a basic and a bit more cleaner version that should be easier to follow. Will hopefully post in next 24hr.
    David

Have attached the file that I am experimenting with. This is only a basic idea and most likely has some flaws - just want to test if something is possible (and stable). One idea was to be able to send an email and make reference to related data in another form but filtered by some criteria. Used V10.06, will need to download trial if not on computer.
    Regards
    David
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you David trying to help me.
    One can create a query for the records in a folder. Also you can create a query for the "folder variable" if it is linkedin anywhere in another form.Yes what I mean is 'folder variable'. Bur other variables like recordset, calendar input, text variable cannot be used in creating a query. Hence my problem is I could not show the filtered record sets in a natural way other than pop up window. However as you suggested we can create another form for this purpose and display them.

Hi asokram
    I may be wrong but would not a query on a "folder variable" be the same as a standard query on any selected folder except that you are making a programmable choice of a folder? As far as I am aware you are really restricted to one record type per query (although you can extend this a bit with relations and calculated fields). Again this is my understanding and welcome any input on alternatives in fact by studying other user problems and solutions I am learning new things as well.
    Regards
    David