Unanswered: Assigning Sequential Number in Access 2013

In Microsoft Access 2013 I need to assign a sequential Project Number for each new record in one table that looks like this 00213001, based on selection of a site (002) from another table + 13 (for 2013) + increment by one with each new project. There are six different sites and the 13 will change in 2014 to 14.

I believe that I need to update two fields,, the Project Table where I am adding a record and then the site table to indicate the last number used for that site....is that correct and how do I do that?
    Last edited by dhenderson; 05-30-13 at 10:42.

I can't see enough of your database to understand how to update the one table with the last used Project Number based on the site and then add a record to the Project Table with the new number.

Can you explain how to create and execute the query

It is possible that the example is not entirely similar to your request, so I do an example that just gives you what you want. Everything happens in the following code
    Code:
    Private Sub SiteID_AfterUpdate()
        Year = DMax("[Year]", "Year")
        ID = Nz(DMax("[ID]", "Project", "Year=" & [Year] & " AND SiteID = " & [SiteID]), 0) + 1
        ProjectID = Trim(Right(Str(Me.SiteID + 1000), 3)) & Right(Trim(Str(Me.Year)), 2) & Trim(Right(Str(10000000 + Me.ID), 4))
    End Sub
    And of course, the proposed model is where I added the Year the entity that is automatically starting Autoexec macro that runs the update query QYearAppend
    Attached Files Attached Files