Provided Answers: 17

Unanswered: List Files over FTP.

Hi guys.
    Using the “List Files” command I can get a list of files stored in a folder on my hard disk. No problem.

I want to do the exact same thing with a folder on an FTP server, but Brilliant Database is not even attempting to communicate across the network the second I change the path from a local C:\ to a FTP URL.

Any idea why or how to get this working.

Basically, my end goal is to be able to pull all the files in a folder on an FTP to the local disk of a PC using scripts.

Regards
    James

FTP has a different protocoll.
    It is not like NFS, where you can easily browse for files.
    If you can't link it to a Drive, it could not act as a Network folder (which is NFS).

Can you access to the FTP folder via Explorer as a regulary drive?

As long as there is no full FTP client (with/without SSL, active/passive mode) inside Brilliant Database it can realy not work.

Provided Answers: 17
    Sadly not.
    I can't map it straight as a network drive as you would do with the “\\path”, but I can map it using the “connect to a website where you store your documents” option. Which is ultimately sill no good for brilliant database because it's can't see the mapped drive as anything other than a ftp address.

I get the feeling there is no hope for this one ?

Kind regards
    James

No hope. Sorry.

If it can't be mapped as network drive - no way.

Hi James,

You could use third party software to map the drive. A quick Google comes up with this:

FTP Client through a Network Drive - WebDrive FTP Client

But there are probably other choices out there.

Also some FTP servers may also allow a WebDAV connection and there will be even more options available including the built-in WebDAV client in Windows.

Matty