Unanswered: Question about how to group an Export

Hi to all.
    Now I need your help with an export issue.

I am creating a database for daily sales summaries per sales people. It is to calculate the sales commission at HR and to add it to the payroll.

The HR needs a daily list per sales people as txt file for their software, so I can't use a printout.

Attached is a sample DB (Format 9.42)
    I have created a txt export template for the "Entries" and a query to select the daily entries.
    But the problem I have currently is, that I need the export per Member or Member ID.

Where can I select to group the export to separate files because they don't want to do the daily export per person?

Thank you for your help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I am afraid this facility to group on export records is not there I BD.Sometime back I have asked BD support this facility .

Provided Answers: 2
    Hi lostdb
    Just me, but I am not clear as to what format you want with txt files.
    Do you want a separate file for each sales person with one line summary or a single file with one line summary for each sales person?
    Maybe a hand typed example txt file would make it clearer as to what the file(s) should look like. There may be a work around that can be scripted to achive your requirements.
    Regards
    David

Hi lostdb
    Just me, but I am not clear as to what format you want with txt files.
    Do you want a separate file for each sales person with one line summary or a single file with one line summary for each sales person?
    Maybe a hand typed example txt file would make it clearer as to what the file(s) should look like. There may be a work around that can be scripted to achive your requirements.
    Regards
    David
    Hi David,

attached two sample output files.

One file per Sales Person.
    All daily sold items listened with Product Name and Total Sales price for this item.
    If one Product is sold to different customers it will be shown often.
    No total Sum required.

I am afraid this facility to group on export records is not there I BD.Sometime back I have asked BD support this facility .
    If nothing is possible, I must make an additional list, where they can see who has done sales on a day and must do a manual additional selection for each sales person.

OFFTOPIC
    Is 10.06 stable enough for compiling and commercial using or better wait?
    How is support responding?

Thank you.

Hi lostdb
    Just a very quick and rough idea in v10.06 - if any thing like you need could improve a lot.
    Main points:
    1 Added related field (entries) to members to list their sales.
    2 Created a memo field - hidden on members form (may be able to use variable).
    3 New export template.
    4 Created script to process data - in to C:\ drive. (my need commenting).
    5 Button on toolbar to "Exportsales"
    Appears to roughly follow your txt format on my system.
    Let us know if close to needs - this is concept/ideas test only.
    Regards
    David
    PS Not sure how HR are inputting data but additional intro data above sales csv data may be problem if standard text import unless parsing data?? Adding a member Id field to sales data would make it potentially compatible with normal import.
    Last edited by tamcind; 05-31-13 at 21:59.

Hi David,

works like requested.

Sales persons without sales are also included in the export. I will see how to change it. Export is perfect.

I will try to copy it to Version 9.42 because I am currently have not upgraded to Version 10.

PS Not sure how HR are inputting data but additional intro data above sales csv data may be problem if standard text import unless parsing data?? Adding a member Id field to sales data would make it potentially compatible with normal import.
    I will get the final format information for the export after the pesentation of a working sample...

Hi lostdb
    Yes I was concerned about how the importing program would handle irregular lines in text file (headers usually ok but intro ?)
    One idea for members filtering would be a calculated field in entries with boolan result (use maths "if" function comparing sold date to today or user input global variable). Next create calculated field in members using data functions for mm fields (max of this boolan field). This will give a 1 (true) result if member has a sale on required day (today or input date) that allows a query to select wanted members for record set instead of members folder record set.
    Regards
    David

"Is 10.06 stable enough for compiling and commercial using or better wait?
    How is support responding?"

I am using 10.06 in production. Normally it is stable except one problem.If you disconnect the server due to hanging issues while the clients are connected the client omputers are showing atleast four errors of data corruption. However you accept everything it reconnects with the server if you enabled server monitoring in the server without any actual data corruption.
    Last edited by asokram; 06-02-13 at 00:19.