Red face Unanswered: Immediate Print View Help!

Hi fellow users, I have a report that I working on. The scenario is, I would like to make a print preview that uses some textboxes that would disappear or shrink when a specific textbox value is less than or equal to 1 or greater than 1 depending on the combo box selected value on a form.

Could that be possible with other options except only using the print preview report? Thanks in advance!

Provided Answers: 59
    so youneed a method to tell the the report how to set itself up

can be done as part of the openreport openargs parameter or as a aprameter pulled fromt eh open form when the report runs

a mechanism to handle visibility
    that can be done bly placing soem code in the report detail on format event

dim VisState as boolean
    if (condition) = true then
    VisState = true
    else
    VisState = false
    endif
    acontrol.visible = vistate
    anothercontrol.visible = vistate
    lastcontrol.visible = vistate

the condition is where you work out what the logic is that decides if controls shoudl be visible or not
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I tried that method and well it works. Now the target is I want to shrink the textboxes in print preview by manipulating the textboxes height and width to zero. Then again when a specific textbox value is less than or equal to 1.

Provided Answers: 59
    I don't see the advantage in shrinking a control to 0 height & width, when the visible property does the job, but if you must then instead of setting the visible property set the width and height properties
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

No worries job's done with some little tricks on the sleeves. But, of course I could see some little disadvantage in my tricks. So, the method I used may not be too perfect for the print preview report. Anyway, it's working. Thanks for your help and suggestions!