Unanswered: Problem communicating with OLE server or ActiveX Control

Hello guys,

This error just popped out and its stopping me from opening forms that linked from the main form.
    It says " A problem occured while "Applicaiton Name" was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX Control."
    Close the OLE server and restart it outside of "Application Name". Then try the original operation again in "Applicaiton Name".

Help me with this problem please.

Provided Answers: 19
    This type of error is caused by all kinds of things and, to the best of my knowledge, it is very seldom that these things actually have to do with communicating with OLE server or ActiveX Control!

The most common cause, going by what I've seen online for the past seven years, has to do with using a non-English language with Access, and need to set the language for non-unicode programs to that foreign language. Here's a link explaining this:

You receive an error message when you start Visual Basic for Applications code in an Access database

Yest another link giving another possible workaround:

ACC2000: ActiveX Error When You Open a Database That Does Not Use ActiveX Controls us

Note that although these links give a specific Version of Windows and/or Access, the same problems persist over all combinations of Access and Windows.

Hope that this helps!

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

I had the same issue and after attempting a few different things I found that repairing Microsoft office fixed my problem so far.

Thanks guys. I copied out all the controls in that form and pasted them onto a new form. Works perfectly.

Provided Answers: 19
    Glad you got it working!

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007