Unanswered: Database Project

Hi Everyone,

I was recently given a project to put survey results into a database. There's 209 surveys. I put the information into one table which included: ID number, Name, Address, Date Received, Date Returned, and plus all the survey questions. My boss wants all of the results into a form to see the results of every person. But she wants queries also.

She want a query that if the survey wasn't returned within 30 days to remove it from the records or put it into a separate category. If you could help me out with this that would be awesome. And if you have other input of something that you think I could do better let me know. Thanks

Provided Answers: 2
    She want a query that if the survey wasn't returned within 30 days to remove it from the records...
    Returned within 30 days of what?
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.

The date the survey was sent out to the date it was recieved back to me. If it takes 30 days or more to get back to me. the run a query for those records.

So from date mailed. to date recieved.

Ah. You've just named a new field in your database.

If you want to see the surveys that took too long to get back:
    Code:
    SELECT
        [Columns]
    FROM
        [Table]
    WHERE
        [Date Received] - [Date Mailed] > 30
    You'll need to put the actual named in there, but that should get you started.
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.

Thank You! Im new to access. So would I put that in the form query, or in the table?

It's the bones of an SQL statement. You will need to complete it with the correct table and column names. Once that's done, you can use it as the basis for a query.

When you have the query, you can use it as the data source for a report or a form as required.

The table name is Survey. And the column names are Date Mailed, and Date recieved. How would I write the query?

How you would write the query depends on what you want to see in the results. As I don't know your table structure (other than what you've put here) or what your boss has told you, there's a limit to how much of this that I can do for you.
    Replace [Columns] with a comma-separated list of the names of the columns that you want to see, in the order that you want to see them. If any column names contain characters that aren't numbers or letters, or are reserved words (Name, Date, Month, etc - see here for the full list), enclose those names in square brackets.
    Replace [Table] with Survey.
    You can then paste the whole query into the SQL pane of the Query Designer in Access, and run it.

Thank you. Also, When I create the form. and I want to edit certain records, when i change something in one record, all of them change to the same thing. Is there a way to edit each record in the form uniquely?

Yes, but without seeing the form, it's very difficult to know what to advise.

How do I import my file in here?

You need to be on the Advanced posting page (click the button "Go Advanced"), and then click the attachments button

The allowed formats are given there.

For some reason it says its an invalid file but it's a zip file. In my form I have the name, address, dates, survey questions, and comments. I just want to be able to update and edit each individual record.