Unanswered: script to monitor database space

hi guys,
    anyone has a linux/unix script to monitor database space data/log growth and send an alert via email if database data or log reached its threshold value lets say 90% of its original defined segment data/log usage.

TIA

Four years ago I set up Nagios for monitoring a Sybase ASE 12.5 dataserver in Open Solaris x86. The scripts used violated the Nagios standards for Nagios plugins, which must leave no file or temp table after their execution. I couldn't commit with that standard while monitoring some events at a reasonable cost.

So, this totally unstandard monitoring is based on two Nagios plugins and one script running as a daemon. Using a daemon also goes against Nagios standards.

nagios_sybase.sh is the daemon and must be configured before use. Specially, databases whose disk space is being monitored must be entered in lines 134 to 137 (MX_DV01_DB and IF_DV01_DB were two of our databases)

check_PXsybalog.sh and check_PXsybase.sh are the Nagios plugins. They are not totally autonomous as they rely on the text files nagios_sybase.txt (for check_PXsybase.sh) and nagios_sybalog.txt (for check_PXsybalog.sh) where the daemon put some alert messages. Other checks are done by the plugins themselves.

Some environment variables are not provided. I think they were set by the script batch.ksh that I must have lost.

Hope it helps,
    Mariano Corral Herranz
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the help corral.