plz help me in this query , have exam tomo

please help me , I have exam tomorrow and I don't know what to do

this question I don't know the ans : (primary keys are underlined)
    branch (branchcode , branchname, address, city)
    customer (customercode, customername , address , city)
    bank-account(accountnumber , customercode, accounttype, branchcode)
    operation-details(operationcode, accountnumber, date, time, type-of-operation, amount)

specify the following query in relational algebra:
    show the name and the city of the branches , in which at least a deposit operation (type-of-operation='deposit') with amount greater than 2000 euros has been done

specify the following query in SQL
    for the customers who hold at least 2 bank accounts in the same branch , show the name of the customers and the name of the branch

I am sorry if that not the right place for my topic but i don't know where i should post it ,
    please neeeeeeed your help thanks ...

Start here: http://http://whathaveyoutried.com/

I'm not a native speaker, so could you please tell me what an "ans" is? I looked it up in the dictionary, but it seems I have an outdated one.
    I will not read nor answer questions where the SQL code is messy and not formatted properly using [code] tags: http://www.dbforums.com/misc.php?do=bbcode#code

Tips for good questions:

http://tkyte.blogspot.de/2005/06/how...questions.html
    http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SlowQueryQuestions
    http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

I 'm not a native speaker too, ans is mean answer I wrote this in hurry sorry
    thanks for the link you gave to me
    but
    It does not help
    I just wanna know how to write what the question asked in relational algebra
    and I have simple knowledge about relational algebra but I don't have time to study it deeply through internet , because my exam is tomorrow
    If you know the answer , I 'll be very thanks to you for telling me what it is

I understand that you don't see it this way yet, but I see your question as asking us to support you (and probably your family) for the remainder of our lives.

You are in school facing exams, so odds are nearly certain that you are younger than we are and will therefor outlive us.

You have not done the work needed for the duration of the class to answer a relatively basic request to convert a natural language specification into the related Relations Algebra. This means that you've absorbed very little if anything from the class that you should have attended.

If we support you now, there is a chance that you might pass. If you pass, there is a high probability that you will eventually be employed by us but will be unable to do the work that we need because you haven't learned how to do it.

Take the class again. When you take it again, actually learn the material. Then you can do the class work, which will allow you to do professional work and also support yourself and your family for years to come.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

hmmm look your point of view are totally right , I know if I can't answer that and that in the course I should take the course again to solve it my self and pass
    but
    the course is not for relational algebra , the part of course to know about relational algebra and not study it deeply because the course is overview on database generally.
    I understand the course well but I miss the point of how to make join between three tables in relational algebra , I know how to do relational algebra if it from one table or two but three table I don't know should I use Join or something else .
    the same thing about the query in SQL , may be because I worried about exam I can't get it now so I ask for help.
    any way
    thanks for your support and I totally respect your point of view
    Last edited by flowra; 06-08-13 at 15:57.

When I was studying in college for my undergraduate degree in computer science, we would never ask for other people to solve our exam questions. It's a sad world indeed when college students expect other people to do their homework. Now it's a sad future for technology in companies when the best they can expect are employees who can't solve their own problems and look for outside help.

sorry but what is the sorry for when you don't know something and ask for help from others I did not say in my post " please this question will be in my exam tomorrow and solve it to me "
    I asked about question I wanna know its answer whatever it 'll be in the exam or not , I face a problem I don't know and already searched for solution but I can't get it so I came here in dbfourms to ask for a solution for that and also not for exact solution just any link or any idea that can help me in solving my problem
    I didn't post the problem because of exam ,anyone face a problem ask for help
    and now I really want to know what is the thing I did wrong ,
    why was this website open unless when we face a problems we can ask people who may know how to solve it
    again I really want to know what is the wrong thing I did ????
    what's wrong when employee can't solve a problem and ask for help
    are you solve all the problems you face without asking anyone for help or hint ???
    waiting for answer ...

We have collectively been "burned" by hiring people who have the same problems that you have... They were taking classes, and missed major parts of the class and often did exactly the same thing throughout their education. Being smart they discovered that they didn't need to learn the material well enough to actually do the job, just well enough to pass the test or tests.

When I hire people fresh out of school with a degree, I consider that degree to be a "learner's permit" meaning that they have enough sense and education that they are at least not a liability. There have been a few surprises where someone fresh out of school can actually do a good job (I'm working with one of them now), but those are the exceptions not the rule.

I can say for certain that I've carried five people in the last decade that were good people, but had been able to squeak by and pass classes when they had no clue how to do the real work. These people cost me hours of work, and in two cases they cost me longstanding customers and caused significant damage to my reputation.

What you did and are doing is lazy. You are trying to find a way to get by without doing what is expected and certainly not one iota more than what is demanded. I understand that, and certainly see the allure of doing only what you must. I won't hire someone like that, and I won't help someone like that get hired by another person... That isn't because I don't like you or what you're doing, I just can't afford it.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

What's annoying here, Flowra, is that you haven't shown any attempt at answering the question yourself. You've just said "please do my homework for me".
    That won't get you very far on this forum, and it won't get you very far at most places of employment.
    If you posted your best shot at answering the question and then politely requested feedback and critique, you might still get assistance from someone here. None of us are against providing assistance.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

thanks for answering me "Patp and blindman"
    although I have different point of views about some points you said
    ,I am so sorry to post this topic ...

thanks for you all

Don't feel bad about posting the topic.

It was a good question, but one that I don't think was in my best interest or the industry's to answer. As I said, I understand the allure of what you are doing but I just can't afford to support it.

-PatP