Unanswered: Question on HADR

DB2 LUW version 9.7 running on Red Hat. In a HADR setup is the primary database sending over logs or 'log data'. If log data, what is the difference?

From where and to where is the information sent. Example is it from log_dir 1 to log_dir 1 on the standby?

Thanks

The logs are sent. However, they are first sent via a special HADR log buffer before it is written to disk. The log paths are the same, since you create the standby database by restoring a copy of primary database.

Maybe you explain why you are asking these questions.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Because in the documentation I see references to both 'log data' and to logs. I find that confusing as to understanding what is being sent when.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnowCrash7 View Post
    Because in the documentation I see references to both 'log data' and to logs. I find that confusing as to understanding what is being sent when.
    Thanks
    HADR is sending the DB2 recovery logs. The term log data is just the data in the logs. The HADR standby database applies the logs in a very similar way (if not identical) to perpetually rolling forward the logs on the standby database. In order to start HADR for a database as the standby, it must be in rollforward pending state (as a result of restore of a backup).
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390