Unanswered: Access 2003: Conditional Formatting - Changing field based on text in other field

Hi all,

First time posting.

On a report I am trying to format a field to show bold text based on the text from another field.

The report contains a field [part number] which I would like to show as bold text if another field [Status] contains the text "Ready to Ship"

What would the expression be to accomplish this? I am assuming I cannot use "Field value is" for this.

I hope that's a simple but clear enough explanation for what I am trying do.

Appreciate any help! Not a database guy, just trying to optimize/fixup some old reports.

Thanks!

Provided Answers: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by ML5 View Post

...I am assuming I cannot use "Field value is" for this...
    Correct, you'd use Expression Is in Conditional Formatting for the Control that is to be Bolded!

Expression Is

[Status] = "Ready to Ship"

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Thanks for the quick response.

Correct, you'd use Expression Is in Conditional Formatting for the Control that is to be Bolded!

Expression Is

[Status] = "Ready to Ship"

Linq ;0)>

I tried this initially but I got "#NAME" in the fields when viewing the report.

Provided Answers: 19
    That would indicate that the Fields that are showing #NAME are not found in the RecordSource of the Report or are Bound to an Expression that Access cannot resolve, and has nothing to do with Conditional Formatting.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007