Thread: hadr and tsm

Provided Answers: 11

Unanswered: hadr and tsm

I have been looking for a specific setting, I heard about in a presentation, but cannot find it.
    has anybody an idea about the setting that will avoid that a standby database will retrieve archived log files directly from tsm (and receiving message : logfile not found..) . this should always be done by primary machine and shipped to standby.
    this setting would handle this
    db2 ese v9.5 or 10.1 on linux
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Provided Answers: 1
    I'm not sure I understand the question. You can set LOGARCHMETH1 on the two databases to different values.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Provided Answers: 11
    sorry for the misunderstanding
    in case on both servers logarchmeth1 is tsm to archive logs to tsm in any case primary/standby
    there is a setting like noretrieve on standby that can be set (not knowing the real name of this setting) to avoid that standby does request logs from tsm and gets message - log notfound, leave this operation on the primary todo
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Hi,

if both databases use the same TSM-Node, then the Standby can retrieve the Logfiles. There's also no issue in TSM, since only the primary writes backups and archive logs. Works fine for me (and yes i've also restore and rollforwarded databases with this setup).