Unanswered: Data Field Names

I'm working in a proprietary database that uses the '_' character as a separator between many of the field names. i.e. 'ln_sfx', 'mbr_nam", etc.

I am using SQL Server 2008 R2 reporting services to query the database and when these field names are rendered with the '_' character absent (a space between to field name components).

Is there a way to force the field names rendered to have the '_' character included.

Very simple SQL statement:

SELECT acn, ln_sfx, mbr_nam
    FROM LN_ACCT

Provided Answers: 1

That is ISO-11179 rules

I'm working in a proprietary database that uses the '_' character as a separator between many of the field [sic] names. i.e. 'ln_sfx', 'mbr_nam", etc.
    Those are not fields; the ISO-11179 rules are for "[<role>_]<attribute>_<attribute property>" data element names. Your vendor is a good guy! This is part of the ISO conventions that include the low end of ASCII in all Unicode languages so everyone can write ISO languages and encodings.

But after that, I do not use reporting services and cannot help you.

Thanks for your response.....even though it provides me no assistance, it is certainly appreciated...

Provided Answers: 54
    This is actually a SSRS (Reporting Services) issue. I don't think that this even occurs in all versions, and I know that there are different ways to resolve the difference for different versions.

What version of SSRS are you using?

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

SQL SERVER 2008 R2 Reporting Services