I am working on using a option group as a yes/no option. I need to know how to get a field below to populate when the yes side of the group is selected. The field that populates cannot be seen unless "yes" is selected. I would appreciate any help with this function. The Option grouping is new to me. I am using Access 2013 and there isn't much support for this. Thank you ahead of time for your assistance.
1. Use the toolbox to put an option group control on the form.
2. Add 2 controls (Toggle buttons, option buttons or check boxes) by dragging them from the toolbox to somewhere inside the option group control.
3. Allocate a value to the Option value property of these 2 controls. Since the choices will be Yes and No, choose the value 0 (zero) for the No control and -1 for the Yes control (in VBA 0 = False and -1 = True).
4. Use the Default value property of the option group control to set the default value of the system (either 0/No/False or -1/Yes/True).
5. From now on, you only deal with the option group control.
- If it is bound to a column (in a bound form), i.e. if the value must change accordingly to the contents of a column and if the contents of a column must change when you change the value in the option group, use the Control source property of the option group control to bind it to its related column.
- If it's unbound, you can use the AfterUpdate event of the option group control to handle the change, something like:
Private Sub FrameYesNo_AfterUpdate()
If Me.FrameYesNo.Value = True Then
' Do something when the Yes option is selected.
' Do something when the No option is selected.