Unanswered: export PDF file in different name

Hi Guys, hopefully anyone can help with this...

I want to export a long PDF into single PDF files with different name that matches the right PDF page from Access. The names are in the same database. All I want for the final PDF files are with the name of "InvoiceName.pdf".

This is a summary invoice that combined all the invoices to different companies.
    So I need to separate them with the correct name...as naming them one by one is a pain when you have around 100 of them...

Could anyone have any ideas I can acheive this with VB or macro?

Thanks heaps!!!

Provided Answers: 59
    ?
    so presumably you want to generate a PDF for each customer on a periodic basis
    the best way of doing that in my books is going tobe using a VBA procedure. I think you will have to have one PDF per type (IE all invoices for that company for the period, then a statement of account)

Its a long time since Ive sent stuff to a PDF printer from Access and I do remember there were problems in setting the filename. the PDF library we were using wouldn't accept system filenames it had to be entered manually. but that depends on the library.

it may be the modern inbuilt PDF printer in W7 can accept setting filenames programatically.. thats where I'd start investigating first.

to start with create some code that sends a report to a PDF printer. examine the properties of the printer and see if you can automate it. ie set the filename generate the report without any further intervention. prove the concept.

having done that its realtively easy to create individual reports for each company (its the same report but run it for each and every customer

when it comes to creating the filename use language rather than codes especially if the PDF is going to your customers by say email sending file twomoInvoices2013July makes spotting errors easier than 111234I201306 reducing the risk of sending Twomo's invoice to someone else
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Quote Originally Posted by healdem View Post
    ?
    so presumably you want to generate a PDF for each customer on a periodic basis
    the best way of doing that in my books is going tobe using a VBA procedure. I think you will have to have one PDF per type (IE all invoices for that company for the period, then a statement of account)

Its a long time since Ive sent stuff to a PDF printer from Access and I do remember there were problems in setting the filename. the PDF library we were using wouldn't accept system filenames it had to be entered manually. but that depends on the library.

it may be the modern inbuilt PDF printer in W7 can accept setting filenames programatically.. thats where I'd start investigating first.

to start with create some code that sends a report to a PDF printer. examine the properties of the printer and see if you can automate it. ie set the filename generate the report without any further intervention. prove the concept.

having done that its realtively easy to create individual reports for each company (its the same report but run it for each and every customer

when it comes to creating the filename use language rather than codes especially if the PDF is going to your customers by say email sending file twomoInvoices2013July makes spotting errors easier than 111234I201306 reducing the risk of sending Twomo's invoice to someone else
    Thanks very much for that healdem.

The problem for me now is don't how to start to write the function... as i haven't touch VB before...