Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any contact ?

Provided Answers: 17

Unanswered: Any contact ?

Hi all.
    Just wondering if anyone has had any contact with Brilliant Database recently? I've been trying to contact them for probably 6 weeks or more and have had no reply to any of my email, or their two websites contact forms.

Regards
    James

Provided Answers: 2

No response back

Same here, no response back.

Same here. No reply. Normal service is resumed! Have given up on my planned project for now.

Provided Answers: 2

Automated email reply

Hi All
    Has anyone tried the automated email with licence no info from the update page? I can't even get a reply from server to my email address with licence list - this always worked even over the last 2 years???
    Regards
    David

That hasn't been working for a while now. Doesn't bode well.

This is very sad and has me seriously thinking about the future of what software I'm going to us. I can't create software for my customers knowing that the SDK I'm using is not supported by Brilliant Database.

They promised change, but things are just as bad as ever.

Regards
    James

Any thoughts on what you could switch to?

I'm looking at Live Code at the moment.
    livecode.com | Create apps for multiple platforms. Quickly. Easily. Free

It seems to be very powerful and you can export to different platforms. It would take more time to learn than Brilliant Database though as it does way more.

Still just looking though.

Regards
    James

I'll take a look at that.

I have just received a refund from Mikhail for the Ultimate edition. He responded to my request within a few minutes and the money is now on its way back to me via Skrill. Mind you the refund was $50 less for "commissions". Not sure what they are but am not going to argue about it.

That's unbelievable.

So he replied to you for a refund in a matter of minutes, but he's happy to just completely ignore everyone looking for support.

That's absolutely unbelievable.

I wouldn't be looking for an alternative to Brilliant Database if they would simply answer my emails and give me some sense of reassurance.

Regards
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbritt View Post
    I'm looking at Live Code at the moment.
    livecode.com | Create apps for multiple platforms. Quickly. Easily. Free

It seems to be very powerful and you can export to different platforms. It would take more time to learn than Brilliant Database though as it does way more.
    Looks interesting. Not sure about having an external database separate to the app - that could be problematic.

That's unbelievable.

So he replied to you for a refund in a matter of minutes, but he's happy to just completely ignore everyone looking for support.

That's absolutely unbelievable.
    It may be that my email just happened to drop at the right time. He had previously promised to refund me if the image import bugs weren't fixed, so it wasn't completely out of the blue.

Was your refund based on that only?
    I'm just wondering if that means he's no intentions of fixing that bug, or he's so far away from doing it that he felt a refund was better than telling you when it would be fixed.

Problem for me is that bug is stopping me form finishing a project.

Regards
    James

It was primarily the bug with scanning directly into image fields (key need for my application). I'm not sure if that is related to your particular bug or not. It didn't work in 9.42 (window refresh issue) and, for different reasons, didn't work in v. 10 either - the image just didn't get transferred from the scanner reliably (sometimes did, other times didn't, suggesting a bug at BD end).

Hi all.
    Just wondering if anyone has had any contact with Brilliant Database recently? I've been trying to contact them for probably 6 weeks or more and have had no reply to any of my email, or their two websites contact forms.

Regards
    James
    I sent a support request yesterday through their website form, and got a reply from Mikhail today. He had downloaded my database using the dropbox link I provided, found the problem, and provided a quick fix for
    my problem (V9.42 database). He said they would fix the bug in the V10.1 scheduled for next week.

The problem was using networked database (server version), and Workplace clients freezing when selecting big folders. The problem was I had included a script that sorted the folder upon selection. The fix is to disable it for the workplace clients.

Quite happy about this as this was a major showstopper for us in our multiuser environment.