Unanswered: Database header is invalid

I have a database project which is now returning "Database header is invalid" and the database will not open.

I made a minor alternation (moved a cell on a form) and I was asked to Optimize the database. During this process the BD froze, after 30 mins I closed BD but can no longer open the file.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP

Provided Answers: 17
    If your using v10.06, stay away from Database optimisation functions and database maintanance checks. It's not working right in v10.06 and they corrupt the database.

V9.42 is rock solid.

Anyway... your problem.
    Go to the folder on your PC where you have your database. See if there's a second copy of the file in there with a ~1 after it.

If so, that will be a working copy of the database. It will be a copy of the database when you first opened it today.

Regards
    James

Hi James - Im using v9.42. The file with ~1 after it also comes up with the same error of "Database header is invalid".

Any more ideas?

Thanks
    Paul

Provided Answers: 17
    Ouch... not good then. Your in trouble I'm afraid.

Keep a copy of the corrupt database safe before going any further.

Now, create a new database, just use the default one brilliant database creates on it's own when starting out.

Now click on File, Import/Prase, and Synchronize with another database.

From here, try import your forms and records into your new database from your corrupt file. There's a chance this will work even if it throws up errors.

Best of luck.

Regards
    James