Unanswered: Sybase Characterset

Hello,
    Second question on doing this restore, I checked the documentation and could not figure it out. I am running HP-UX, Sybase 12.5 (legacy db that can't be upgraded). I am running a restore on a new system and appear to have an environment issue and am trying to figure out how to fix:

"The master database you are attempting to load was dumped under a different sort order id (50) or character set id (1) than the ones running on this server (sortorder id = 50, character set id = 4)."

The error makes sense, I am running under the wrong character set id. My question is how do I change the character set id to 1? I have checked the doc and do not see any reference to character set id 1. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I know this has to be something simple I am missing. I am using the same config file from the old server we were on, but something may be different on the server side.

Provided Answers: 4
    Log in to your dataserver and issue the command sp_configure 'default character set id', 1
    It is a static parameter so you'll have to reboot your dataserver for the change to take effect.
    Then, use sp_configure 'default sortorder id', 50 to change the sort order. Reboot again, as it is a static parameter.
    This only works when you don't have any data in your server, i.e. it is a brand new server. When you have existing data you will have to bcp out, truncate tables and bcp in all userdata.

Good luck!
    I'm not crazy, I'm an aeroplane!

Thanks for the info, I had seen that command but kept getting errors that sp_configure could not be found. Turned out I had to run the installmaster script, then it was pretty easy to update the character set. Just got my master restored so hopefully I am almost home free! Thanks again!

Provided Answers: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by azready View Post
    Thanks for the info, I had seen that command but kept getting errors that sp_configure could not be found. Turned out I had to run the installmaster script, then it was pretty easy to update the character set. Just got my master restored so hopefully I am almost home free! Thanks again!

Ah, yes, I assumed you had a fully working, freshly installed server. Restoring a master databas e cross-version is not something I have tried before, or even nessecarily recommend. I'd be curious to hear if you get everything working again.
    I'm not crazy, I'm an aeroplane!

Everything is up and running, not sure if the process I used was the most elegant, but it seems to be working without issues.