Thread: Bug in combobox

Unanswered: Bug in combobox

I have a combobox on a form linked to a table. The format of the column in the table is Yes/No. The form which inputs into the table is also set to Yes/No.

However of the form below, even though the combobox is set to Yes/No, when you open the box it displays as -1 for yes and 0 for no.

I've tried deleting it and remaking the combobox however as soon as I link it to the subform it goes back to -1 and 0.

How can I fix this?

Provided Answers: 2
    I cannot reproduce this behaviour. I have created a table with a field of type Yes/No, set to display as a check box. I have created a combo box on a form, and set the row source of the box to the boolean field. Setting the format of the combo box to "Yes/No" gives me a list consisting of "Yes" and "No".
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.

Quote Originally Posted by weejas View Post
    I cannot reproduce this behaviour. I have created a table with a field of type Yes/No, set to display as a check box. I have created a combo box on a form, and set the row source of the box to the boolean field. Setting the format of the combo box to "Yes/No" gives me a list consisting of "Yes" and "No".
    I've attached the Database, it's the FindRFQ Form and the Quote Received? Combo box.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 2
    Huh.

Never encountered that before. I think it's some interplay between the UNION operator, the SELECT Null clause and the form, but I can't get it to behave either. As an aside, I had to remove the reference to Nero's Controls.dll before I could make the Format function work.
    Do you actually need the SELECT Null clause?
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.

Quote Originally Posted by weejas View Post
    Huh.

Never encountered that before. I think it's some interplay between the UNION operator, the SELECT Null clause and the form, but I can't get it to behave either. As an aside, I had to remove the reference to Nero's Controls.dll before I could make the Format function work.
    Do you actually need the SELECT Null clause?
    Its the best way to do it I think, so a user can deselect and reset the subform results, it does seem to be the only place where the Yes/No doesn't work but the NULL is supposed to be an input into the BuildFilter() function.

The Nero's Controls works for me, I'm using Access 2003, could this by why?

Provided Answers: 59
    check to see if there is an explicit format on the list box.. ie it could be set to disply a numeric value as opposed to yes/no

i have downloaded your db, and aside form NERO controls everything seems as expected. Im guessign you are using the NERO plc api

just wondering if this could be a symptom of a corrupted db?
    try compiling it

its certainly bloated (comapct & repair will fix that)
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton