Provided Answers: 2

Unanswered: Another alternative.

Hi all
    This not a recommendation but just a suggestion as an alternative to BD if support does not get back on track in a reasonable time frame - say by by end of year? The program that some may like to look at is "DataEase V8". The reason for suggestion is that it has a similar "forms" based system like BD as well a broad range of features that look user friendly compared to many other systems. Many things to consider like pricing, stability, feature set required etc. There may be some who has used this in past and found it wanting but latest version does make some claim to be a different beast.
    Same applies to "Sesame" database (which also comes in a native Linux version well as Windows)-never quite got my head around it's way of working but may just me.
    Regards
    David
    Last edited by tamcind; 06-30-13 at 05:48.

Same applies to "Sesame" database (which also comes in a native Linux version well as Windows)-never quite got my head around it's way of working but may just me.
    Last version I have tested in 2012 was not able to compile an application.
    Any end customer must purchase a Sesame Licence for the required user amount and has full access to the source of the application.

Last comment from the developer about my question, when a compiler version could be expected:
    Not our business. Q&A (the original base of Sesame) hasn't had it either...

Just to let you know.

Provided Answers: 17
    Looks good, there is mention of it exporting a runtime, so it sounds like it does compile. I'll certainly look into this.

Regards
    James

From reading this page:

dg3_Product

This appears far from ready yet and reading some of the history I'm not sure I'd want to put my eggs in this particular basket just yet! This could well be a case of out of the frying pan into the fire!

Matty

Since you are digging up some real oldies how about this:
    R:BASE - The Industrial-Strength True-Relational Database Management System

Provided Answers: 2

DataEase

I download the trial and is not as complete as bdb yet.
    bdb v10.1 is almost there. Once mayor issues got fix, we will have bdb for a while don't you think?

Support is definitely another story

Provided Answers: 17
    Quote Originally Posted by spyroot View Post
    bdb v10.1 is almost there. Once mayor issues got fix, we will have bdb for a while don't you think?
    If it fixes all known issues, then I would stay using the software. Weather or not that's long term depends on the behaviour of the company in the future. Right now I have concerns.

Support is definitely another story
    It's really bad. Funny thing though is, the only future support we really need from Brilliant Database is that answer their email when we find bugs and that they fix them. The forum is a better place to ask for help in whatever databases we are creating.

Regards
    James

Provided Answers: 59
    of course another alternative would be to use MS Access and deploy as an MDE/ACCDE and get the user(s) to use the freely available runtime
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton