Unanswered: Error Connecting OLEDB

I am trying to connect to an Informix DB from a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine.

I installed the Client SDK and configured SETNET with the server datails.

When I do a test connection using a UDL, I get the following error.

Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. E08004: (-908) Attempt to connect to database server (pronto) failed.

I assume I have installed \ setup everything correctly on the Win 2008 Server, because I can connect to one of my other Informix Servers, but I don't know what to do the allow connection to this new one. I did not do anything to the server that I can connect to.

I am not skilled on Linux or Informix setup and configuration at all

RE: Error Connecting OLEDB

With OLEDB you need to run the scripts on the server side. There should be a script called coledb.sql on the client side. Please keep in mind that this will change the server for all oledb applications. In other words you cannot have two versions of oledb running at the same time.

HTH

Thanks for the feedback. I know nothing about Informix. How do go about running the scripts on the DB?

RE: Error Connecting OLEDB

What you need to do is copy the coledb.sql from the client side to the server side. If ftp is setup you could use that. Then on the server side you need to open the sysmaster database then locate the script to run.

What verstion of Informix and O/S are you using. There should be instructions for setting up OLEDB on the client side.

HTH

Well i would say just please keep in thoughts that this will modify the server for all oledb programs. In other terms you cannot have two editions of oledb operating simultaneously.

marketing solutions
    Last edited by Steffanblue; 09-02-13 at 01:35.