Unanswered: Database Creation Has Me Stumped!

I am currently creating a small social networking site. I am ready to create the sign up page, but I want to create a unique feature. I want my site to automatically register all users using the same email service as friends. So for example, all people using "@gmail.com" will automatically be friends with all the users signing up using "@gmail.com".

Additionally, I do not want anyone who is not using "@gmail.com" to access any posts, messages, or view any profiles of someone using say "@yahoo.com".

So basically, I want everyone using "@gmail.com" to be one group, and everyone using "@yahoo.com" to be another group. However, I want the two groups to be completely separated on my website with no access to each other at all.

I have scoured the web, and I cannot figure out how exactly I would go about coding this.

If you have any input at all, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

I understand that these have to be separate but you can always add in a groupid field to each table which determines the groups of persons that can access the contents. So for example:

group: gmail.com, groupid: 1
    group: yahoo.com, groupid: 2

In your content you have posts which also includes a groupid field. If the groupid has a value of 1 then you only allow gmail.com users access this...
    Ronan Cashell
    Certified Oracle DBA/Certified MySQL Expert (DBA & Cluster DBA)
    http://www.it-iss.com
    Follow me on Twitter

Cụm máy chủ đầu tiên ATLANS Của mu-so1.com . Phiên bản test từ ngày 06 Tháng 07 Đến 09 Tháng 07 . 1 số tính năng web mới . Ví dụ như thuê đồ , Nạp thẻ được vé quay may mắn , Đấu trường cố đại ... Rất nhiều tính năng mới trên trang quản lư . Trong game th́ được cập nhập thêm w2,5 + w4 Và w5 .