Thread: IBM Data Studio

Unanswered: IBM Data Studio

I am about to install DB2 V9.7 on a Linux server and as far as I know the Task Center is depricated on this version and later. I have never used IBM Data studio. My question is what version I need to install on a Linux server with DB2 V9.7 (Client, Full version e.t.c). I should be able to do all the things I was doing from Task Center in eralier versions like schedule database backup, data load/exract, reorg/runstats e.t.c. If some one give me a link to appropriate IBM data studio link, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help

Provided Answers: 11
    datastudio is always on windows
    on server you have to install ds web console
    infocenter is a with all details
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified

Provided Answers: 17
    Being a java application (based on the Eclipse framework)
    the IBM Data Studio also runs on Linux although with a bit of config effort.
    Most people run Data Studio on a Windows platform.

Some functions previously available in Control-Centre are no longer available via the free Data studio but instead are available from other IBM products at extra cost. Refer to the infocenter for details.

Current (July 2013) version of data studio is v4.1.

Infocenter for Data Studio v4.1:

Sometimes this site is unavailable temporarily from certain territories, IBM might not explain the reasons.

Although the link gives,

ervice Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
    IBM_HTTP_Server/ (Unix) at Port 8443

Thank you for the info.