Unanswered: Decimals in Lookup Column

Hi All,

I have a table which has a field with 4 decimal places (xxx.xxxx). I've created another table which uses a lookup to retrieve data from the original table. The fields display properly in the original table, but only show two decimal places in the lookup column. When selected, they display properly in the second table. Is there a way to force the lookup column to display 4 decimal places instead of 2?

Thanks.

Provided Answers: 59
    check the display format(s)
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Healdem,

In the field properties for the field in the General tab, I've tried General, Fixed, Standard, 0.0000, and all only show 2 decimals. Is there another place I should check the formatting?

if your base data has 4 decimals and you are only seeing two decimals then its a display format issue and once you have created a form then you have to set these properties in the forms control. if you haven't created the form then you can set them as a default format in the column definition and subsequent forms and reports will pick up thats formatting.

but check the form is pulling the correct value (ie the one with 4dp)
    select the control
    select the properties (f4)
    set the format to the most appropriate (thats probably 'standard')
    nd set the decimal places to 4

The control on the form shows blank when I click on the format dropdown. Decimals are set to 4. Once selected on the form, it displays properly with 4 decimals. Only shows 2 in the dropdown box in the lookup column. Displays the same (2 decimals in the lookkup column and 4 in the field once selected) in the table.

it could be an issue with your lookup column., I don't use 'em. rteportedly the problems with lookup tables have been fixed from A2007 on, I am know so conditioned to not trusting lookup tables I don't use them.

I woudl suggest that you compact and repair (a backup) of the db, then zip it, but Iam away till next week