Unanswered: Table full error when restructuring table

I've found a solution online about fixing this that involves setting the block size for the Paradox driver to a larger size but it also requires me to batchmove my data from the old table to the new, restructured table. I can't seem to figure out how to do that, but if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd surely appreciate it!

But in the meantime, is there any other way around this problem? Basically I need to add some fields to my table but when I do I get the error "Table is Full". There's too much data to copy and paste from the old table to the new (+500mb). I've got Database Desktop at my disposal and that's about it at the moment. Any input you guys have would be extremely helpful

"you guys" are found at the paradox community site.. here, just me.. you don't say what platform you're using, what table level, etc.. in paradox, you make a new table, then simply add the data from the old table to the new table, from the interactive menu.. in most other platforms, it's also that simple

if you're that close to the table size limit, you need to do this before you run out of room, anyhow.. and, with a paradox table that has secondary indexes, your table should never be more than half the potential table size for that block size, or you'll have index issues.. i.e., you have 8k blocks, max table size 512 meg, your table shouldn't be more than 250 meg for good performance

Support - Paradox Community
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Green View Post
    "you guys" are found at the paradox community site..
    I apologize. I'm guessing the Corel Paradox forum is not the place for posts like mine?

... you don't say what platform you're using, what table level, etc.. in paradox, you make a new table, then simply add the data from the old table to the new table, from the interactive menu.. in most other platforms, it's also that simple

Windows 7, and I do not immediately have Delphi or Paradox. I'm simply tier one support for my company but I'm trying to get this particular issue resolved since our programmer is out on holiday. 98% of the time I stay out of the backend but this problem has made its way into my field of view. I have Database Desktop (version 7.0, Borland). But I can't seem to use that application to do what I need to do. Any recommendations for other programs I can use? Like I said, I've got to take the data from the original table and pump it into a new table with additional fields.

Support - Paradox Community[/QUOTE]

dbforums is a wonderful site, but I'm the only paradox person who monitors it.. as almost every thread here states, if you want paradox help, go to the paradox community site..

from memory, the database desktop is a stripped-down version of the basic paradox functions, but I don't have it installed on the machine I'm at right now.. again, if you want paradox help, go to the paradox community site..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too

dbforums is a wonderful site, but I'm the only paradox person who monitors it.. as almost every thread here states, if you want paradox help, go to the paradox community site..

from memory, the database desktop is a stripped-down version of the basic paradox functions, but I don't have it installed on the machine I'm at right now.. again, if you want paradox help, go to the paradox community site..
    Will do, thank you I'm just a lowly tier one tech trying to GSD.