Unanswered: Database Jobs/Schedules

DB2 V9.7 FP8 - Linux 6.4.

Hi,
    I have a question about IBM Data Studio. Up until now I have used DB2 Task manager to setup database maintenance jobs (Backup Databases, Load/unload data, reorg/runstats e.t.c). Now There is the IBM Data Studio and Web which allow us to create and schedule jobs. This is a GUI tool that can be installed on WIndows/Linux servers.
    My question is, with the task manager everthing runs on the server itself, with data studio, you have to run it on a seperate server/computer if the Linux database server does not have the GUI tool (X11 - THE COMPANY DOES NOT ALLOW FOR SECURITY REASONS) installed. So what is the best practice.
    - create and run these jobs on the linux database server with shell scripts and schedule them with cron ?
    - have a dedicated server with Data Studio-Web installed and runs all the time to keep the jobs running (Remember no GUI on the Linux Database Server) ?.
    - or some other solutions I can't think of it right now.

Thank you.
    Last edited by cdx28; 07-10-13 at 16:19.

Provided Answers: 1
    In addition to OS scheduling, you can use ATS (DB2 Administrative Task Scheduler). Data Studio just provides an interface to the ATS.

The administrative task scheduler - IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

I personally like:
    create and run thiese jobs on the linux database server with shell scripts and schedule them with cron

Thank you. I think that is what I'll have to do.