The role requires experience in using SQL Server 2008/2008R2/2012, optimisation for high concurrency, Scrum, XP, RUP, Kanban, etc.
Start date: 05/08/2013 Estimated time: 3-6 Months
Looking for a: IT Located in: North West Clients' size of business: < £2m T/O
Specialised in: Database - generic, Development, Other, SQL, Agile Clients' industry: Travel
Business Area: IT Daily rate: £300-£400pd
2 x Database Developer, 3 months contract, £386 pd(before the 10% commission)
• 3+ years’ experience using SQL Server 2008/2008R2/2012.
• Very good knowledge of optimisation for high concurrency
• Ability to read, understand and explain execution plans is essential. Use of SQL Profiler to identify issues in direct (Queries, Stored Procedures, Functions) and indirect (Code, ORM tools).
• Experience of working in an agile environment (Scrum, XP, RUP, Kanban).
o Pair Programming.
o Test Driven Development.
o Stakeholder collaboration.
• Ability to work autonomously or as an integral part of a team.
• Must be able to work with other areas of IT, e.g. service, to remove blockages.
• Must have excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Experience of working with SQL Server Integration Services.
• Experience of working with NoSQL solutions (Key-Value stores, column family database, document databases, graph databases).