Question Unanswered: DB2 authorities problem, sql 55032

Hi,

I have a big problem, looking for solution everywhere but nothing can find.

I install DB2 V9.1 Express edition and create database. Everything was working successfully for about two mounts. One day, app that work with my db2 db stop working. I try to connect to db via DB2 Command Window, but unsuccessfully. I got a sql 55032.
    When I open Control Center and try to access to db or to some table in that db, i get the same results.
    I think that I know where the problem is, when I right click on db and choose authorities there is no any user or group. I try to add local administrator, db2admin user, some group, but i got the same sql.
    Do you know, how can I add new user or group to authorities of database, when there is no user/group added previously?

Thanks in advance.

Provided Answers: 11
    maybe sysadm group has not been assigned a value
    check dbm cfg and adapt
    check infocenter for all details...
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Provided Answers: 55
    Hi,

What's the output of the 'db2gcf -s' command on the db2 server:
    If it's something not equal to 'Available', try to start db2 by 'db2start' command.
    If db2start is not successful, check the db2diag.log for error messages.

Regards,
    Mark B.

@przytula_guy
    sysadm group doesn't have a value, but I have same app + db2 db on another computer where everything work and there is also no value for sysadm group.

@mark.b
    db2 is already started, problem is that I can not access to the database, can not connect. You can see from picture attached, when I open Control Center, right click on db and choose authorities, there is nothing, no users, no groups. When I try to add some user or group, I get the error: sql 55032.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails auth.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ppkkcc View Post
    db2 is already started, problem is that I can not access to the database, can not connect. You can see from picture attached, when I open Control Center, right click on db and choose authorities, there is nothing, no users, no groups. When I try to add some user or group, I get the error: sql 55032.
    What is the exact error message you're getting? sqlcode sql1224n (if sqlstate is 55032).

Please try connecting to the db from the Command Window and provide the exact error message and db2diag.log.

Hi,

I'm working with ppkkcc on the same project.

You get the same message when you try to connect through Command Window. Actualy, any kind of connection attempt or operation that requires connection (drop, export,...) results with the same message.

You can simulate the situatiom by deleting db2admin and the adding it again with same pass. The new user won't have any privileges on the database.

It's as if you've locked yourself outside of you car (left the key inside).

Our IBM sever is installed on C:\ and database created od D:\. System restore or copying the database on another computer won't work because the user authorities are written within the database with unique ID-s.

Please execute the following from DB2 Command Window:

db2diag -A
    db2 list db directory
    db2 connect to <your local db name>

Provide the output from the last two commands and attach db2diag.log

Provided Answers: 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Voj@ View Post
    You can simulate the situatiom by deleting db2admin and the adding it again with same pass. The new user won't have any privileges on the database.
    Hi,

If you've done this with db2admin which you used to run Windows service for DB2 instance it's not enough to just recreate this user with the same password and even to include it to Local Admins.
    This account must have to following rights as well:
    • Act as part of the operating system
    • Debug programs
    • Create token object
    • Increase quotas
    • Lock pages in memory
    • Log on as a service
    • Replace a process level token

Once again:
    1. Are you able to start Windows service for DB2 instance?
    2. Which account do you use for this service?
    If it's not a system account, does it belong to Local Admins?
    3. Do you use DB2_EXTSECURITY?
    If yes, does this service account belong to DB2ADMNS?
    4. What's the value of SYSADM_GROUP instance parameter?
    If it's not empty, does this service account belong to this group?
    Regards,
    Mark.