Question Unanswered: Database activation

Hi All!

Is it possible to automatically activate database?
    My db2 waits for 1st request - activates then? after all request killed - deactivates. It is normal behaviour.

If i start activivity monitor manually (or another monitoring) - db activates and requests go very quickly.

Does DB2 have a parameter to turn on asctivity? Or client program must do this?

I'm using DB2 v 9.7 x 64
    Windows 2008

And client on JRE 1.7 with Hibernate 4.2.2

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Moon View Post
    Hi All!

Is it possible to automatically activate database?
    My db2 waits for 1st request - activates then? after all request killed - deactivates. It is normal behaviour.

If i start activivity monitor manually (or another monitoring) - db activates and requests go very quickly.

Does DB2 have a parameter to turn on asctivity? Or client program must do this?

I'm using DB2 v 9.7 x 64
    Windows 2008

And client on JRE 1.7 with Hibernate 4.2.2

Thanks.
    You can activate the db with:

]$ db2 activate db sample
    DB20000I The ACTIVATE DATABASE command completed successfully.

Note that this acts as if a real connection is made, so it will interfere with - for example - offline backups
    --
    Lennart

Ok.
    Can this command be executed via system shedule planner? After system startup or another event?

Provided Answers: 11
    yes it can - create an sql job and place the bat file invoking this script in the startup folder
    you could add some checking to verify that the instance has been started
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be