Unanswered: Unable to register MS SQL Server under Federated Objects

We're running DB2 10.5 LUW on Windows Server 2008 R2, and I'm having problems adding MS SQL Server 2008 as a Federated Object.

Just some notes about our setup, I do have Federated enabled on the server:
    Federated Database System Support (FEDERATED) = YES

I've created C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\cfg\db2dj.ini which contains this:
    DJX_ODBC_LIBRARY_PATH=c:\Windows\system32
    ODBCINI=c:\windows\odbc.ini

Here's what's in odbc.ini:
    [ODBC 32 bit Data Sources]
    MS_SQL_TargetDB=SQL Server (32 bit)
    [MS_SQL_TargetDB]
    Driver32=C:\Windows\system32\SQLSRV32.dll

And I've created a System DNS pointing back to our MS SQL Server which tests successfully:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShot253.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	14606

But when I go into Data Studio 4.1 and attempt to add the Wrapper for MS SQL neither the data source or the MS SQL DLL is showing-up:

Name:	ScreenShot254.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	14607

Name:	ScreenShot255.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	14608

I'm reviewing the Red Book on IBM InfoSphere Federation Server 10.1 (latest version I could find) which covers this starting on page 101, and though I believe I've setup everything correctly I'm still unable to get this going. Oh, and I did stop and restart the server after all changes.

So if anyone can point me in the correct direction or see something I've missed please let me know. Something else to note, all the settings above are being made on the server, but I'm running Data Studio on my workstation. When it looks for the DSN and Drivers is it pulling this from the server or from my workstation? I'd rather not have to install Data Studio on the server if I can void it.

Thanks and take care.
    Last edited by samalex01; 07-18-13 at 16:21.

Provided Answers: 11
    have you tried the regular command : create wrapper mssql3
    in command line....
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Provided Answers: 1
    Wrappers other than DB2 (DRDA) (and possibly Oracle) are not installed with the DB2 Data Server. You will need to license and install InfoSphere Federation Server to get the additional wrappers.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Quote Originally Posted by n_i View Post
    Wrappers other than DB2 (DRDA) (and possibly Oracle) are not installed with the DB2 Data Server. You will need to license and install InfoSphere Federation Server to get the additional wrappers.
    Is InfoSphere Federation Server separate from DB2 10.5? I assumed it was built in since InfoSphere Replication Server is installed with DB2 10.5 Enterprise.

I found this on IBM's site - IBM Download IBM InfoSphere Federation Server Version 10.5 - United States - which seems to be InfoSphere Federation Server 10.5 and it references WSMQ 10.5 and DB2 10.5 which is what I'm using, but though it talks about downloading it I don't see any links taking to the actual media.

But just to confirm, before I can add MS SQL as a Federated Server I have to install this as well?

Thanks.

Provided Answers: 1
    Yes you have to install InfoSphere Federation Server for the ODBC wrappers and the corresponding license. It can be downloaded from Passport Advantage if you are entitled to it.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.