Unanswered: Combo-box vs listbox for multiple selections

Hi,

Very new to DB so please bear with me! I'm using Access 07.

I am trying to create a database of patients attended by an ambulance service - 1 record per patient including details of location, time to attend, vital signs, drugs administered etc etc. There are a number of things which I am gradually figuring out for myself in constructing this. However, I can't make much sense of the combo-box issue. There are probably several instances of this in the database to write but to take one example; When a paramedic uses a skill in treating a patient we need to be able to record it. To save space on the Form I'm trying to avoid acres of tick-boxes for each skill (there are about 50+ with maybe 10-12 per patient episode). After a lot of reading, I have redesigned the whole database to get away from Lookups in the main data table! Now I'm not sure how best to achieve the same effect on the form given I have no clue where to start with writing SQL code. So far I've got a secondary table listing the paramedic skills. I've tried listboxes with simple and extended multiple entry enabled but although this allows several skills to be highlighted from the list, the ParamedicSkillID box doesn't get populated in the main table. The difficulty as I see it is that each patient may require many skills to be recorded but I'm not sure how to do that.

Thanks for your help,

Dave

Can you post screenshot of your relationships? Normally you would have a tblPatients and a tblSkills and link by foreign key.

Thanks, I've got a work around; a friend of mine is going to help me convert via Visual studio and write SQL as required.

Cheers

Dave

I'm glad for you.Good Luck with your project!