Unanswered: How can i use details from another table within xmlquery fn:matches statement

All,

As a newbie i was very impressed with the response to my last post, so where better to try for some more information.

Follwing the good advice from my last visit i am using the following query to select information from a table using regular expressions

SELECT *
    FROM BankDetails
    WHERE xmlcast(xmlquery('fn:matches($s, "^[a-zA-Z]{2}[0-9]{2}")' passing BankAccount AS "s") AS int)=1
    AND BankAccount not like ('IBAN%')
    AND CURRENCY = 'EUR'

Having looked at the data within our database, i need to be more specific in the regualr expersion. Instead of seeing if the first two characters are just alphanumeric, i need to see if the first two letters are a valid ISO Country code, i.e. NL, GB, IT, IE.

We have a list of ISO Country codes within another table, therefore, i was hoping to use this data within the select statement. My thinking was:-

Select * From BankDetails Where ISOCode xmlquery..... in (select ISOCode from Country) - This example is not syntax correct, but hopefully gets my idea across.

Would anyone have any ideas? I think that i need to maintain the regular expresion and i want to the select records which have the following format nn00%, where nn is the ISO Code and 00 is any number and % denotes that this will be the prefix, a crude determination of a IBAN for bank code

Provided Answers: 5
    Wouldn't this work: "where substr(BackAccount,1,2) in (select ISOCode from Country)"?

Andy

Andy,

Thank you, it has worked with a little tweek. I also need to ensure that the characters 3 and 4 where numbers so i have ended up with the following:-

SELECT *
    FROM BankDetails
    WHERE substr(BANKACCOUNT,1,2) in (select ISOCode from Country)
    AND xmlcast(xmlquery('fn:matches($s, "^[a-zA-Z]{2}[0-9]{2}")' passing BankAccount AS "s") AS int)=1