Unanswered: Script to close current form

Hi - I want to write a script which will run a report, no problem there. However, I need the script to firstly close the current record which is being used before moving on to another form.

I am sure this is simple but I just can't do it.

many thanks
    Paul

Provided Answers: 2
    Hi Paul
    Not sure from your post if you want to move to another form or a another record. If it is a form, I would keep each record type (form) in its own folder and use "select folder" action. To move to another record you have several actions available - can't suggest which with out knowing what your goals are. AFAIK there are no direct methods to select a specific form if there are more one in a folder (or "close a form"). Sometimes it would be nice to have a alternate form view of the same data (record type) but at moment limited to sheets which do have layout restrictions.
    Regards
    Daivd

Thanks - all I am looking to do is to close down the current form and then open a different form. There appears to be no predefined script to do this.

Thanks
    Paul

Provided Answers: 17
    Hi Paul.
    When you say close a form, do you mean one displayed in a popup window? If so, you can't script that. A button needs to pressed by the operator.

I always try avoid the popup forms because you can navigate perfectly between any form when they don't popup.

Regards
    James

Hi
    The new action in V10 "close window" should close a popup according to help file but --- I could not get it to work and no further communication from support???. What I wanted to do was open and close a warning popup with a timer script. Anyone else had success - must try again in V10.1 when it arrives but when, who knows!
    Minor Improvements
    Script Designer – you can comment any line of code;
    Popup Records action allows you to setup a new window width and height size;
    The new “Close Window” action allows you to close a popuped window with a script;
    The new “Position” column allows you to show the record’s position in its folder;
    PNG images format is fully supported now;
    Now you can view number of records after filtering on the folder information bar;
    Regards
    David
    Last edited by tamcind; 07-30-13 at 17:57.

Didn't even know they added a Close Action in v10.06

I had stopped using it weeks ago because it's not suitable for creating anything of value. Still waiting for that next release before I consider moving away from trusty v9

Just fired up v10 again to have a quick look at the close action. Yeah it works and can be scripted.

Paul, I guess you have to just hang in there until they fix v10.

I've not heard anything from support in many weeks at this stage. Worst support ever.

Regards
    James.

Hi James
    Just matter of interest, how did you script the closing of a popup window?
    I can do it with a button on the popup form but this is redundent as there is already a close button at bottom of form. A timer script just won't fire for me while a popup is open and this is what I need to happen. At moment what is practical use except to close window and combine with further script actions?
    Regards
    David

Hi David.
    One example would be to use an “On Edit” option for a field to run an “IF” command.

If the user ticks a box, or enters in a specific value you are looking for into any field, then a normal IF command will run the on edit and Close Window, ELSE it will do nothing, or whatever you like.

A timer script just won't fire for me while a popup is open and this is what I need to happen.
    Your right. Just tested this and it will not work with a timer.
    lol.... I'd report that only I'm waiting on many replies at this stage.

Regards
    James

Thanks James
    Your idea could be useful if you want to exit a input form if the answer to first question is no - like filling in our income tax forms where no further imformation is needed if certain conditions are met.
    Actually I have not been doing much with BD lately untill they sort out all their problems - mainly following this forum to stay up to date and try to assist fellow users.
    Regards
    David